- Latin Name : Platycodon grandiflorus, Campanula grandiflora
- Familia : Campanulaceae
- Popular Names : Chinese Bellflower, Common Baloon Flower
- Propagation : Cutting, seed
- Planting medium: a mixture of soil, manure and roasted husks
- Placement : Point of interest
- Region of Origin : China, Siberia, Japan
his plant grows to a height of 50 cm by 40 cm wide canopy. The leaves and roots can be consumed, because rich in calories, vitamins and minerals. The young leaves are often processed into a powder and used as a spice in cooking. It can also be candied or vegetables in soup tonic.
The roots of this plant contain saponins that have been proven as an antiasthmatic, antitussive, expectorant, and astringent. In ancient Chinese medicine, the root extract is used to treat asthma, high blood pressure, diabetes, coughs, colds, bronchitis, and throat infections.